United Way of Hernando County, Inc.
(Download Job Description)
Title: Finance Director
Department: Finance/Resource Development
Reports to: Executive Director/CEO
Position Statues: Monday-Friday Starting Pay Range: $14.00-$17.00 Per Hour
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (some weekends required) Job Classification: *Non-Exempt
FINANCE DIRECTOR SUMMARY
This position performs at a professional level of financial input and accounting work. The Finance Director is responsible for providing sound financial oversight to all aspects of United Way of Hernando County’s (UWHC) operations. This associate is responsible for tracking, recording, maintaining, allocating, paying, and reporting all accounts receivable and accounts payable accurately and on time. Must perform daily duties in accordance with UWHC Policies and Procedures such as following financial protocol and reporting, attending staff meetings, completing accurate and timely timesheets and expense reports as assigned. This position will focus on local goals and impact areas set forth by our community needs. This position may also be responsible for but not limited to program advocating, marketing and communications, and campaign presentations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Position requires strong finance or accounting background, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to recruit and manage multiple relationships and work with diverse sectors of the community.
- Properly record pledge contributions, donor details, and Workplace Campaigns in Donation Tracker and QuickBooks.
- Safeguard all confidential information.
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly financial statements, and general operating functions.
- Make weekly bank deposits, both remote and in person when need be.
- Work closely with other accounting functions and pledge portals to ensure accuracy.
- Assist in developing policies, procedures, and schedules to support department and/or organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide staff support for Finance/Audit Committee and attend meetings upon request.
- Assist alongside Executive Director when preparing annual budget.
- Actively seek out and apply for grant opportunities; on both a local, state, and national level.
- Assist with preparation for annual audit and provide documents & backup as needed.
- Share responsibility for United Way Worldwide, United Way of FL, and all Membership requirements.
- Develop a working knowledge of all workplace campaign relationships, partner programs, community services, and serve as liaison between them and UW for accurate pledge processing.
- Properly track progress and reports for Community Emergency Funds and Energy Neighbor Funds assisted efforts.
- Assist in all income aspects, including annual campaign, leadership giving, planned giving, and board development.
- Organize efforts for the EFSP, CFC Campaign and FSEC Campaign.
- Complete general office tasks such as answering phones, sending out emails, collecting the mail, greeting clients.
- Familiar with our Hernando community.
- Two to four years experience in accounting or finance field.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks.
- Good communication skills. Ability to listen and comprehend instructions.
- Requires skill in multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and performing under pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be sensitive to community needs and exhibit compassion through performance.
- Capable of taking on a leadership role with new corporate campaign partnerships, non-profit agencies, volunteers, and staff.
- Enthusiasm and long-term commitment to collaborative community activities.
- Education: High School Diploma
- Bachelors Degree in finance, business administration, accounting or economics
- Knowledgeable with navigating through Donation Tracker.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Experience in the non-profit sector and/or health and social service field.
*In compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act, this position is classified as a non-exempt position and the employee is eligible for approved overtime. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.