United Way of Hernando County, Inc.
Title: Community Outreach Coordinator
Department: Resource Development, Marketing, CEA (Community Emergency Assistance)
Reports to: Executive Director and Community Outreach Director
Position Statues: Part time (20-25 hours per week) Monday-Friday
Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
Pay Range: $10.00 per hour
Job Classification: *Non-Exempt
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
COMMUNITY OUTREACH SUMMARY
This position is responsible for working towards achieving long-lasting, meaningful community change through United Way (UW) initiatives, which include but are not limited to: HEALTH, EDUCATION, FINANCIAL STABILITY, & BASIC NEEDS/CRISIS PREVENTION. This position will focus on goals and local impact areas set forth by our community needs. This position may be responsible for but not limited to program advocating, marketing and communications, campaign presentations, new funding opportunities, donor partnerships, emergency needs assistance, agency support, community research and collaboration development. Provides support for policy development, community relations, grant development, service referrals, etc., as assigned.
- Comfortable with public speaking and presenting in an effective manner at a professional level.
- Expected to work one on one with clients in need of emergency assistance, additional resources, support, etc.
- Ability to recruit and manage multiple relationships and work with diverse sectors of the community.
- Assist with new marketing strategies to increase corporate and employee workplace partnerships and investments.
- Develop a working knowledge of all workplace campaign relationships, partner programs, community services, volunteer coordinator, and serve as liaison between them and UW.
- Share responsibility for social media outlets, website updates, newsletter, volunteer database, public service announcements and outreach tactics.
- Create and/or contribute to marketing materials, invitations, project flyers, brochures, etc.
- Organize, administer projects, and multitask while maintaining accuracy and promptness.
- Assist with the creative planning and implementation of an integrated system to meet the needs of various community initiatives.
- Complete general office tasks such as answering phones, sending out emails, collecting the mail, greeting clients.
- Familiar with Hernando County.
- Requires skill in multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and performing under pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Outlook, Publisher, Excel, etc.)
- Comfortable with public speaking. Position requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional workplace/office etiquette answering phones and emails.
- Capable of taking on a leadership role with new corporate campaign partnerships, non-profit agencies, volunteers, and staff.
- Ability to listen and comprehend instructions.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to collaborative community activities.
Experience with OneEach Technologies, as well as Constant Contact and PiktoChart.
Experience in health & human resources or social services.
*In compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act, this position is classified as a non-exempt position and the employee is eligible for approved overtime.