How You Can Help:
GREETERS, TAX PREPARERS, & QUALITY REVIEW VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
These roles contribute to families’ financial stability every year. Behind every return there is a story. Volunteers hear these stories and experience first-hand how they are making a difference every time they volunteer.
FILL OUT A VITA VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
Reasons why you should become a VITA Volunteer:
- The IRS provides free tax law training and materials
- The volunteer hours are flexible
- Hernando VITA sites are located in your community
- Tax Professionals can earn Continuing Education Credits
- Online Training is available
- No prior experience necessary
- It’s people helping people save. It's that simple!
VITA VOLUNTEER MEET & GREET
WHEN: Tuesday, October 22nd, 9:30am-12:00pm
WHERE: Capital City Bank, 14302 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill FL 34609
Become Trained & Certified
Interested in helping your community? Attend a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) training class to become IRS certified for tax season! All volunteers receive free training conducted by the IRS. Fill out a Lend a Hand Hernando Volunteer Application today! You will be contacted by a representative with more information.
Monday December 9th, 2019 from 9:00am-4:00pm
Wednesday December 11th, 2019 from 9:00am-4:00pm
Thursday December 12th, 2019 from 9:00am-4:00pm
Pasco-Hernando State College (PHSC) Room E-102
Spring Hill Campus - 450 Beverly Ct., Spring Hill, FL 34606
How You May Receive Help:
Many United Ways across the country offer the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, a successful, proven strategy that mobilizes and trains volunteers to provide free tax service to working individuals and their families. United Way of Hernando County is proud to support VITA as a FREE tax preparation program for our Hernando County residents.
Save money and avoid hidden fees
VITA is an annual program where I.R.S certified volunteers provide FREE tax preparation to those who have low to moderate income, no rental property, and no farm income. This program assists taxpayers who are struggling to make ends meet by saving them the cost of tax preparation and helping them claim all tax credits for which they are eligible.
VITA is central to increasing the number of families who are financially stable and can have a ripple effect into the U.S. economy, as families that receive these funds typically spend them on the necessities of life.
This free tax preparation is available to those who:
- have a low-to-moderate income (generally, $66,000 and below)
- have no rental property or farm income
- must have picture ID and Social Security Card(s)
- Social Security Card(s) or statement from Social Security Office for all listed on return (copies accepted)
- may have a small Schedule C-EZ (expenses $10,000 or less and no net loss)
Residents may be eligible to receive the EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT WORTH up to $6,143
During tax season, visit 211's website for Hernando County VITA sites, dates & times, or dial 211 from your landline or cell phone.
Click here for more information on this initiative from the IRS