United Way Hernando Born Learning Trail from Nature Coast.TV on Vimeo.
What is a Born Learning Trail?
In support of United Way's Education & Health Initiatives, United Way has collaborated with local companies and organizations to bring multiple Born Learning Trails to Hernando County!
A Born Learning Trail is a fun, physical learning activity that's designed for parents or caregivers to play with young children in any outdoor setting - trails, parks, and school yards. The Born Learning Trail creates valuable community resources for early childhood learning and offers opportunities for volunteer engagement.
Born Learning Trails are intended to be family-engagement tools that consist of ten 12" by 24" aluminum signs. Each sign is printed with a uniquely playful, engaging activity based on early learning outcomes. The signs have slogans like “talk, listen, sing, jump, clap, skip,” and are designed to help young children learn together. The trails also includes sidewalk artwork such as shapes, the alphabet, and a 12' hopscotch court that all relate to the sign activities.
Where are Hernando's Born Learning Trails?
United Way hosts the following Born Learning Trail locations in Hernando:
- Born Learning Trail #1: Delta Woods Park
3400 Deltona Blvd., Spring Hill, FL 34606 (Open as of June 21, 2016)
- Born Learning Trail #2: Tom Varn Park
301 Darby Ln., Brooksville, FL 34601 (Open as of December 3, 2016)
- Born Learning Trail #3: Veterans Memorial Park
12254 Spring Hill Dr., Spring Hill, FL 34609 (Open as of October 26, 2017)
- Born Learning Trail #4: Ernie Wever Youth Park
19473 Youth Dr., Brooksville, FL 34601 (Open as of October 23, 2018)
- Born Learning Trail #5: Hernando Park
205 E Fort Dade Ave., Brooksville, FL 34601 (Open as of April 22, 2019)
- Born Learning Trail #6: Linda Pederson Park (Open as of November 16, 2020)
6300 Shoal Line Blvd, Spring Hill, FL 34607
- Born Learning Trail #7: Anderson Snow Park (Open as of May 13, 2021)
1360 Anderson Snow Rd, Spring Hill, FL 34609
- Born Learning Trail #8: Alfred A. McKethan Pine Island Park (Open as of June 14, 2021)
10800 Pine Island Dr, Spring Hill, FL 34607
- Born Learning Trail #9: Kennedy Park (Installation set for 11/9/22)
899 Kennedy Blvd. Brooksville, FL 34601
Enjoyed the Born Learning Trail? Fill out a quick survey and tell us what you think!
Is your business interested in investing in Health and Education? Help bring a Born Learning Trail to a park near you by sponsoring the next installment!
Click HERE for sponsorship details
Partners will receive public recognition as a valued United Way Community Partner in HEALTH & EDUCATION through the following places:
- Logo branded on trail signs
- Media coverage
- Press releases
- Recognition on television and radio media
- United Way's Website and Facebook Page
- Company honored at Annual Appreciation Meeting
Thank you to the following partners for helping make Hernando County Born Learning Trails possible: