United Way of Hernando County's Basic Needs & Crisis Initiative Initiative
Residents experiencing a crisis or trauma will receive emotional, financial, or general support they need to overcome life's unexpected barriers.
- Protection from neglect, abuse, and exploitation
- Transitional/supportive Housing for those experiencing homelessness
- Food security
Basic Needs Initiative Programs
- Coronavirus Relief Assistance Funds
- ALICE in Hernando County (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed)
- 211 Hernando
Basic Needs and Crisis Prevention Facts
- 37% of Hernando County are walking a financial tightrope between financial stability and poverty.
- 15% of families in Hernando County are living in poverty.