United Way of Hernando County's Basic Needs & Crisis Initiative Initiative
Residents experiencing a crisis or trauma will receive emotional, financial, or general support they need to overcome life's unexpected barriers.
- Food security
- Protection from neglect, abuse, and exploitation
- Transitional/supportive Housing for those experiencing homelessness
Basic Needs Initiative Programs
- 211 Hernando
- ALICE in Hernando: Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed
- COAD (Community Organizations Active in Disaster)
- Coronavirus Relief Assistance Funds (currently not active)
- RIDE UNITED: Accessible Food
- UNITED @ WORK
United Way Partner Programs
- 38% of Hernando County are walking a financial tightrope between financial stability and poverty.
- 11% of families in Hernando County are living in poverty.