Encouraging Financial Stability For Hernando County
America Saves, a campaign managed by the nonprofit Consumer Federation of America (CFA), seeks to motivate, encourage, and support low- to moderate-income households to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth. The research-based campaign uses the principles of behavioral economics and social marketing to change behavior.
America Saves and UWHC motivates financial action for positive savings behavior, successful saving strategies & appropriate opportunities, This initiative is done by promoting for community members to PLEDGE TO SAVE and also by collaborating with local affiliates in order to create a culture of stability in Hernando County.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I PLEDGE TO SAVE?
You will have access to:
- savings tips/strategies
- fee financial tools
- free financial advice
- savings services
- monthly emails from financial experts (optional)
- quarterly newsletters (optional)
- alerts via TEXT (optional)
These resources are provided to help community members from every income level take the steps needed to take charge of their finances and manage money more effectively.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 54% of Americans say they have a savings plan with specific goals.
- 43% said they “have a spending plan that allows you to save enough money to achieve the goals of your saving plan.”
- 50% of those not retired said they “save for retirement at work through a 401(k) or other contributory plan.”
- 41% said that, “outside of work,” they “save automatically through regular preauthorized transfers from checking to savings or investments.”
- 49% know their net worth.
- 70 % of Americans report experiencing financial stress, and this affects all income levels
- 40% of Americans don’t have $2000 saved for an emergency
- Money is the leading cause of stress – higher than health, family or job concerns