United Way of Hernando County fights for the Health, Education, and Financial Stability for every person in our community.
Our goal is to identify local needs and collectively bring together the resources necessary to improve the quality of life for the members of our community. Our support for long-term commitments are essential to addressing key social issues and investing in local program-based solutions. These initiatives include but are not limited to helping families reach self-sufficiency, encouraging wellness for mental & behavioral health, physical and emotional care, and crisis intervention.
Individuals and families in our community are able to access and benefit from affordable health services to better their overall quality of life.
- Access to health care and public awareness
- Healthy beginnings and education
- Mental health/substance abuse services
- Senior/elder support
- Support services for people with disabilities (physical, intellectual, developmental)
Residents of all ages will have access to quality education services to further enhance their knowledge, skills, and behavior in order to be successful in school, work, family, and community.
- Early childhood development and school readiness
- Mentoring/tutoring support or out of school services
- Middle grade success and transitions
- Youth development and family engagement
Individuals and families will be equipped with resources to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency.
- Financial literacy for youth and adults
- Job/workforce development and training
- Veteran employment & empowerment
BASIC NEEDS & CRISIS PREVENTION
Residents experiencing crisis or trauma will receive emotional, financial, or general support they need to overcome life’s unexpected barriers.
- Emergency Assistance Services
- Food security
- Protection from neglect, abuse, exploitation
- Providing care and resources for those experiencing homelessness
- Transitional or permanent supportive housing
ANNUAL COMMUNITY REPORTS
Take a look through United Way of Hernando County's Annual Community Reports and see how far we've come throughout the years. Our community involvement and partnerships continue to strengthen, as does our Community Impact.