United Way of Hernando County fights for the Health, Education, and Financial Stability for every person in our community.
Our goal is to identify local needs and collectively bring together the resources necessary to improve the quality of life for the members of our community. Our support for long-term commitments are essential to addressing key social issues and investing in local program-based solutions. These initiatives include but are not limited to helping families reach self-sufficiency, encouraging wellness for mental & behavioral health, physical and emotional care, and crisis intervention.
Individuals and families in our community are able to access and benefit from affordable health services to better their overall quality of life.
- Access to care and available health resources
- Mental health/substance abuse services
- Support services for people with disabilities (physical, intellectual, developmental)
Residents of all ages will have access to quality education services to further enhance their knowledge, skills, and behavior in order to be successful in school, work, family, and community.
- Early childhood development and school readiness
- Mentoring support and out of school services
- Youth development and family engagement
Individuals and families will be equipped with resources to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency.
- Financial assistance services
- Financial literacy for youth and adults
- Job development and workforce training
BASIC NEEDS & CRISIS PREVENTION
Residents experiencing crisis or trauma will receive emotional, financial, or general support they need to overcome life’s unexpected barriers.
- Protection from neglect, abuse, and exploitation
- Transitional/supportive Housing for those experiencing homelessness
- Food security
ANNUAL COMMUNITY REPORTS
Take a look through United Way of Hernando County's Annual Community Reports and see how far we've come throughout the years. Our community involvement and partnerships continue to strengthen, as does our Community Impact.
- 2022-2023 Impact Snapshot - NEW!
- 2021-2022 Impact Snapshot
- 2020-2021 Annual Report
- 2019-2020 Annual Report
- 2018-2019 Annual Report
- 2017-2018 Annual Report
- 2016-2017 Annual Report
- 2014-2015 Annual Report
- 2013-2014 Annual Report
- 2012-2013 Annual Report
- 2011-2012 Annual Report
- 2010-2011 Annual Report
- 2009-2010 Annual Report
- 2008-2009 Annual Report
- 2007-2008 Annual Report