United Way of Hernando County, Inc.
Title: Finance Director
Departments: Finance and Resource Development
Reports to: Executive Director/CEO
Position Statues: Monday-Friday Starting Pay: $15.00 Per Hour
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Job Classification: *Non-Exempt
FINANCE DIRECTOR POSITION SUMMARY
This position performs at a professional level of financial input and accounting work. The Finance Director is responsible for providing sound financial oversight to all aspects of United Way of Hernando County’s (UWHC) operations. This associate is responsible for tracking, recording, maintaining, allocating, paying, and reporting all accounts receivable and accounts payable accurately and on time. Must perform daily duties in accordance with UWHC Policies and Procedures such as following financial protocol and reporting, attending staff meetings, completing accurate and timely timesheets, expense reports, and annual reports as assigned. This position will focus on local goals and impact areas set forth by our community needs. This position may also be responsible for but not limited to program advocating, marketing and communications, and campaign presentations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Position requires strong finance or accounting background, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly financial statements, and general operating functions.
- Make weekly bank deposits, both remote and in person when need be.
- Properly record pledge contributions, donor details, and Workplace Campaigns in Donation Tracker and QuickBooks.
- Work closely with other accounting functions and pledge portals to ensure accuracy.
- Actively seek out and apply for grant opportunities; on both a local, state, and national level.
- Ability to recruit and manage multiple relationships and work with diverse sectors of the community.
- Safeguard all confidential information.
- Assist in developing policies, procedures, and schedules to support department and/or organizational goals and objectives.
- Provide staff support for Finance/Audit Committee and attend meetings upon request.
- Assist alongside Executive Director when preparing annual budget.
- Assist with preparation for annual audit and provide documents & backup as needed.
- Share responsibility for United Way Worldwide, United Way of Florida, and all Membership requirements.
- Develop a working knowledge of all workplace campaign relationships, partner programs, community services, and serve as liaison between them and UW for accurate pledge processing.
- Properly track progress and reports for Community Emergency Funds, Energy Neighbor Funds, & Disaster Relief Assistance.
- Assist in all income aspects, including annual campaign, leadership giving, planned giving, and board development.
- Organize efforts for FEMA’s Emergency Food & Shelter Program for Hernando County.
- Complete general office tasks such as answering phones, sending out emails, collecting the mail, meeting with clients.
- Familiar with Hernando community.
- Two to four years’ experience in accounting/finance field.
- Proficient with QuickBooks.
- Good communication skills. Ability to listen and comprehend instructions.
- Requires skill in multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and performing under pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be sensitive to community needs and exhibit compassion through performance.
- Strong grant writing skills.
- Capable of taking on a leadership role with new corporate campaign partnerships, non-profit agencies, volunteers, and staff.
- Enthusiasm for long-term commitment.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, business administration, accounting or economics
- Knowledgeable with navigating through Donation Tracker.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Experience in the non-profit sector and/or health and social service field.
*In compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act, this position is classified as a non-exempt position and the employee is eligible for approved overtime. Some evening and weekend hours may be required.