Our partners at the UF/IFAS Extension Office are offering free financial counseling for those affected by the unprecedented economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Read on for more information on this service.
Who can participate?
This FREE service is open to ALL, but focuses on:
• those in need during the coronavirus pandemic,
• those who are underserved and unable to utilize any other services,
• rural communities, those with chronic illnesses or those struggling to make ends meet
How can UF/IFAS help?
Counselors help you think through how to:
• organize your finances and understand your options,
• prioritize bills,
• stretch food dollars,
• find alternatives to some of your current expenses,
• understand your credit situation and credit report,
• establish a plan of action,
• and learn how to follow your plan for success!
How does it work?
Once you sign up, UF/IFAS will match you with one of their faculty members to:
• reach out and set up a time to talk virtually,
• review the scope of the program,
• share important information,
• and confirm the program is a good fit for your needs.
Your information and identity are secure and confidential, so with your counselor you will:
• explore some of your financial concerns and challenges,
• complete tasks between meetings that only you can do (ie. calling lenders or accessing accounts),
• plan financial steps that might work for your family,
• and identify resources in your community that may be able to provide assistance.
Click here to apply for financial counseling from UF/IFAS.