THE CRA APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED.
If you have previously submitted a fully completed CRA Application, qualified applicants will be contacted prior to November 30th. If you do not receive a call directly from United Way’s Outreach team, your application either did not meet CRA qualification requirements or due to the federal December deadline and overwhelming application submissions, we were unable to fulfill all emergency assistance requests.
*Incomplete applications will not be considered. United Way of Hernando County was recently awarded Federal Funds through the Hernando CARES Community Safety & Improvement Initiative (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act - CARES Act). These dollars are to be used for necessary expenditures incurred due to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
In hopes of easily and efficiently helping local households prior to the end of 2020, we ask that qualified Hernando County residents who have been impacted by COVID-19 and left financially behind complete the following application for potential United Way of Hernando County Emergency Coronavirus Relief Assistance (hereinafter “CRA”). This crisis relief fund has been established to assist individuals and families who live in Hernando County and who have experienced an unbudgeted and unexpected expense, a layoff, an unexpected loss of income, or a financial hardship directly related to the 2019-2020 outbreak of the coronavirus.
Each client request/application shall be considered on a case-by-case basis. Only qualified Hernando County applicants will be contacted by the United Way team with further instructions and for appointment scheduling. Should you be contacted, the following documents will be required:
- Budget Worksheet - Download and fill out
- Picture ID
- Paystubs documenting reduction of hours or pay, proof of layoff or business closure (if applicable)
- SSI statement, unemployment statement, or proof of outside income (if applicable)
- Statement of bill, eviction notice, or foreclosure notice (if applicable)
- Medical records documenting a mandatory quarantine (if applicable)
- Signed lease or mortgage agreement for rental assistance cases, as well as completed W9s for landlords in rental assistance cases (if applicable)
- Non-county owned utility bills (if applicable)
- Social security number
- Mortgage holder release of information form (if applicable)
The CRA is not a supplemental health insurance and shall not be used to pay any medical expenses, nor water and sewer.