VITA Appointment Scheduling:
2021 VITA Site Locations:
MyFreeTaxes.com - Easily prepare your taxes online for FREE by yourself or with assistance
Fully Booked - Spring Hill Library - Book an appointment by using the form below
9220 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill 34608
Fully Booked - Jerome Brown Community Center - Book an appointment by using the form below
99 Jerome Brown Place, Brooksville, FL 34601
Fully Booked - United Way of Hernando County office
4028 Commercial Way, Spring Hill 34606
How You May Receive Help:
Many United Ways across the country offer the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, a successful, proven strategy that mobilizes and trains volunteers to provide free tax service to working individuals and their families. United Way of Hernando County is proud to support VITA as a FREE tax preparation program for our Hernando County residents.
Save money and avoid hidden fees
VITA is an annual program where I.R.S certified volunteers provide FREE tax preparation to those who have low to moderate income, no rental property, and no farm income. This program assists taxpayers who are struggling to make ends meet by saving them the cost of tax preparation and helping them claim all tax credits for which they are eligible.
VITA is central to increasing the number of families who are financially stable and can have a ripple effect into the U.S. economy, as families that receive these funds typically spend them on the necessities of life.
This free tax preparation is available to those who:
- have a low-to-moderate income (generally, $57,000 and below)
- have no rental property or farm income
- must have picture ID and Social Security Card(s)
- Social Security Card(s) or statement from Social Security Office for all listed on return (copies accepted)
- may have a small Schedule C-EZ (expenses $25,000 or less and no net loss)
Residents may be eligible to receive the EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT WORTH up to $6,728
During tax season, visit 211's website for Hernando County VITA sites, dates & times, or dial 211 from your landline or cell phone.
How You Can Help:
FILL OUT A VITA VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
Reasons why you should become a VITA Volunteer:
- The IRS provides free tax law training and materials
- The volunteer hours are flexible
- Hernando VITA sites are located in your community
- Tax Professionals can earn Continuing Education Credits
- Online Training is available
- No prior experience necessary
- It’s people helping people save. It's that simple!
Become Trained & Certified
Interested in helping your community? Attend a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) training class to become IRS certified for tax season! All volunteers receive free training conducted by the IRS. Fill out a Lend a Hand Hernando Volunteer Application today! You will be contacted by a representative with more information.